Sunday 13 January 2013

Welcome to 2013...

It's been a few weeks since I visited the Blog and gave you any news, but well, it has been Christmas and the New Year and we are all allowed a little break.  Now that I am back I have lots of exciting news to share with you because I have spent most of this last week opening parcels of books - my desk at one point could not be seen for all the parcels and their lovely, exciting contents.

Everywhere you turn in recent days there have been reviews of the year and commentary on the best things from 2012 including books of course as well as insights into what 2013 could bring.

To begin then - the best books of 2012?  I think my favourite book was quite possibly The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in Ship of her own Making by Catheryne M Valente, and I am now reading the sequel so will report on that soon.  But really I don't thin it is fair to choose just one favourite and looking at the Bookseller Chart of bestselling titles many of these could rate among my favourites too along with all those which didn't reach the chart!

Looking into 2013 it is impossible to decide which books are going to prove a runaway success and which are going to tick along nicely pleasing a wide range of people.  However we have to start somewhere and where better than with the talented Charlie Fletcher whose Far Rockaway is now out as a paperback and an ebook featuring a cover image based on the work of an Edinburgh School of Art student - inspiring and beautiful and just one title among the lovely parcels I have opened so far this new year!  Read it for yourself to see what inspired the images and whether real girls can rescue themselves.

After this where can we go - well to the predicted trends for 2013 including more collaboration between readers and the publishing industry and in particular the new genre of 'new adult'.  There is plenty to look forward to, plenty to get your reading teeth into already and lots of reasons to follow this Blog, our Twitter feed @Armadillomag, 'Like' our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Armadillomag and regularly vsiit the website www.armadillomagazine.co.uk

I look forward to seeing you all in all these places!

No comments:

Post a Comment